Thursday, March 31, 2011

Newly added features

I would  just like to briefly bring attention to a couple helpful new tools I have provided in the sidebars. 

In the left sidebar you will find:

  • Mortgage Calculator and Wyoming Mortgage Rate figures.  After much searching I finally settled on the Mortgage Calculator you see now.  It is more detailed than many others I frequently ran across.  I hope this will be greatly helpful to some of you!
  • There is a link to find the lowest gas price available in Laramie.  This is a great resource as it is possible for gas prices to differ in cost by quite a bit even within one town.  If you click on the link it will take you to a website where you can find the same information for the entire country, gas price trends and other information.  I thought this would be useful with the rising gas prices as of late.  
  • Laramie's Walk Score.  Laramie scores 88 out of 100 and gets the rating of "Very Walkable."

In the right sidebar you will find:

  • What's the Weather Like?  If you click on "Laramie, WY Weather" it will take you to a page detailing further the forecast for that day and week.
  • Local Area Information.  This tool takes you to Google Maps for contact information and directions to the link you click 

I have also put a few entertaining widgets such as:  Quotes, and at the end of the blog page are some interesting functions showing the World Sunlight Map, Current Moon Phase and current weather illustration.  The wind is blowing of course, just in case you don't want to look out your window. :)

Hope this adds value to your reading experience here and I will continue to search for other possibly helpful features.  Let me know if there is something you would like to see on this blog, too!  If you can think of it, it has probably been created.  I want this to blog to be useful, while remaining uncluttered. :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment